Full Time - £22,958 p.a pro rata for nine months (July 2010 - March 2011)
GMYN is looking to recruit an appropriately skilled/experienced worker to be a Global
Xchange Programme Supervisor.
The successful applicant will be based at GMYN's office in Manchester during the development and UK phase of the project.
What is Youth Xchange?
Youth Xchange is a 6 month reciprocal volunteer programme where a team of 20 volunteers, 10 from the UK and 10 from an exchange country, live and volunteer together for 3 months in a UK and exchange country community. All Global Xchange volunteers will do work which is of practical value to people in each country. They will also develop values which will help them play a positive role in their own societies and gain experience and skills which will enhance their future employability.
Each Youth Xchange team of volunteers is supported by two Programme Supervisors, one from the UK and one from the exchange country, with significant experience of working with young people in an international development context.
The programme supervisor will be responsible for supporting a team of volunteers by providing pastoral support and facilitating learning during the exchange. The role is based in Manchester for 6 months and 3 months in India. The Programme Supervisor will be responsible for developing the programme with GMYN and, with our overseas counterpart, for facilitating the implementation of the 6-month programme in the UK and overseas.
- Help design and implement the UK phase of the exchange programme Identifyingsupport for the development of the core components of the exchange
- Working with the exchange country counterpart to provide adequate support andsupervision of volunteers throughout the programme. Promoting and encouragingappropriate behaviour and ensuring safety and security standards procedures aremet and understood
- Promoting learning amongst volunteers on global, cross-cultural and intercultural issues through the delivery of training and learning tools and supporting youth led and on-placement training throughout the programme Work effectively with India programme supervisor and act as a representative of GMYN, GX and partners at all times
- Ensure that all programme partners and stakeholders are kept regularly informed about the progress of the in-country programmes, including any medical or health and safety issues
- To ensure learning from the programme is captured from all volunteers and stakeholders and outcomes recorded in accordance with overall purpose and objectives of the programme.
Please note: Interviews for this position will take place on Monday 20th June and the successful applicant will need to start and be available for training from Thursday 21st July.
To find out more information and how to apply, please contact the GMYN team on 0161 274 3377 or email email@example.com
Deadline for applications is Friday 10th June 12pm